Purpose This Self-Paced course builds on the foundational and prerequisite course, “IBM Content Manager OnDemand Administration” and provides the System Administration concepts for the IBM Content Manager OnDemand (CMOD) solution. The online learning course begins with a review of the CMOD architecture and system object concepts and then goes on to describe the storage administration, document storage and indexing components such as PDF Indexer, S/390 Indexer, and the new XML Indexer. The course also covers the CMOD database configurations, command utilities, as well as an overview of the CMOD server APIs, and the CMOD Web Enablement Kit (ODWEK).
Audience This advanced course is for those whose job includes responsibility for administering an IBM Content Manager OnDemand system and who have a need for an in-depth knowledge of the OnDemand system for system administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting purposes. This course is designed for System Administrators, that is, people who will be responsible for not only indexing and loading documents into a CMOD system but also maintaining and managing the CMOD system. This
course also provides a review of the materials required for the IBM CMOD technical
Prerequisites OnDemand Report Administrators should have:
- Completed the Self-Paced online learning course, “IBM Content Manager OnDemand V10.X Report Administration”
- A thorough understanding of relational database concepts
- A working knowledge of Windows Server 2010 or 2012
- Access to a workstation running a browser such as Chrome, Windows Explorer, Mozilla.
Objectives After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Effectively use the ARSADMIN, ARSDOC, and ARSMAINT command utilities.
- Use the ARSXML command utility to export and import OnDemand objects including managing Users and User Groups.
- Configure and leverage the XML indexer, the PDF indexer and understand when to use the S/390 indexer versus the CMOD ACIF indexer.
- Access and query the OnDemand database tables and application group (index) tables for managing and monitoring the system.
- Understand the concepts and capabilities of the CMOD Enhanced Retention Management, and the Full Text Search features.
For more information on enChoice, Inc., visit: www.enchoice.com